Preparing and taking IELTS, which is accepted by many institutions as proof of your English language skills, to reach your dreams can be stressful. Let’s take a look at the things you need to know about IELTS test day.
Things to remember before your test
- There is no break between the sections so you have to be fresh physically and mentally. So make sure you rest and eat well before your test.
- Be ready at your test location as early as possible. Make sure you know the location and plan your route. Note that if you are late, you will not be taken to the test room.
- Have water in a clear bottle with you to avoid fluid loss during the test (You can also ask for water to IDP IELTS test center.)
- Be sure to leave all your electronic items to your companion or to the safe area in the test center before entering the test room.
- Don’t forget to bring your ID / passport. When you do not bring the ID or passport you used for registration, you will not be taken to the test.
- You can bring HB pencil or HB mechanical pencil, eraser, sharpener, clear bottle of water and disinfectant – remove all labels and bottle must be see-through. IELTS test centres will provide water, tissue, pencils, eraser, sharpener, disinfectant ve cologne to you during the test.
- Listen carefully to instructions made before the test.
Things to remember during and after your test
- Only at IDP IELTS Test Centres, headphones are provided for IELTS Listening section (except IELTS UKVI). If you think there is a problem with your headphones, inform the invigilator after soundcheck. Otherwise, IDP is not responsible for the problems you will experience.
- If you have any questions or want to use the bathroom, please don’t leave your seat or call, just raise your hand.
- In Listening section, you will hear the recordings once only, so do not forget to take notes.
- Do not spend much time on questions that you couldn’t answer.
- Stay calm during your Speaking test. Do your best and try to answer all questions even if you don’t have any idea (Read How to answer all questions in IELTS Speaking blog).
- Remember that IELTS is an international test, so avoid risking your future by cheating or manipulating.
- You cannot use your phone, dictionary, pager or your notes in the test. If you keep any of these in the test room or get caught using it, your test will be canceled and you will not be able to take the test again in the future.
- If you have any health problems (such as diabetes, asthma, anxiety), you should share this situation with the test center in advance. Otherwise, it is strictly forbidden to take medicines and food in the examination hall.
- You will not be allowed to leave your seat or leave the test room without invigilator’s permission.
- You are not allowed to take the test materials with you.
- It is forbidden to talk to other candidates in the test room, even it is your friend.
It does not matter if you can not reach the IELTS score you aimed in one shot. Keep practicing more. Everything will be easier if you remain optimistic about your plans.
We wish you the best in your IELTS!