A comprehensive teacher & student resource pack to help teachers and students to take the IELTS test.
Written by Cambridge ESOL examiners and material writers with many years of experience preparing IELTS tests, this pack shows candidates how each of the tests is assessed and provides valuable tips.
The book contains: practice tests for Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing (both Academic and General Training); Listening, Reading and Writing answer sheets; Listening and Reading practice test answer keys and Listening tapescripts; sample candidate Writing responses and examiner comments; sample candidate Speaking tests and examiner comments.
The DVD contains a Listening test for candidates to practise and film footage of three students taking the Speaking test.
Life Skills test is for people who need to show their English speaking and listening skills at Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) levels A1 or B1. IELTS Life Skills is designed to meet the requirements of UK Visas and Immigration for certain visa categories and other immigration purposes.
The test is available at two levels:
- IELTS Life Skills – A1 Speaking and Listening. This test is for UK visas and immigration for a “family of a settled person”.
- IELTS Life Skills – B1 Speaking and Listening. This test is for UK visas and immigration for “indefinite leave to remain or citizenship” visa.
Each Student’s Book includes four practice tests for the exam at the chosen level with full answer key. It contains an introduction to the exam with information about what to expect and guidelines for teachers on how to assess students. There are model Speaking answers, practice exercises and exam tips to support candidates. IELTS Life Skills Official Cambridge Test Practice is ideal for class or group-based work as well as self-study.
- Sample tests illustrated with photographs of ‘examiner’ and ‘candidates’ show learners what happens in each part of the test.
- Exercises give learners practice in each part of the test so that they are thoroughly prepared.
- Audio of a ‘candidate’ taking each part of the test provides model answers for learners.
- Exam tips give learners advice to help them tackle each part of the test.
- Tips and guidance coach teachers on how to test their students prior to the real test.