- Which IELTS test do I need for a UK visa application?
If you are applying for a UK visa, there is an IELTS test for you.
For visa applications to the UK, you may need to have an English language qualification. IELTS and IELTS Life Skills are included on both the UK Home Office’s list of Secure English Language Tests (referred to as SELT tests by UK Home Office) and the OFQUAL register.
If you are applying to a higher education institution in the UK, you will usually be asked to submit an Academic IELTS UKVI result. In addition, Academic IELTS UKVI results can be used as IELTS Academic in different countries.
General Training IELTS UKVI and Life Skills are used for job applications or to accompany your family member in the UK.
It is recommended you check all visa requirement information directly with the UK government website.
To find out whether you need to take an approved test, what level you need to achieve, and which test you can use, you should contact UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI). For more information, please visit here.
- What do I need if I am applying to study at a British university or college?
Those who are applying for a Tier 4 student visa to a Highly Trusted Sponsor (HTS) to study a bachelor or postgraduate degree are required to meet the English language level set by the institution. All British universities and colleges accept IELTS results. This means that you do not need to take the IELTS test under UKVI specified condition unless your institution has required you to. Please visit here for more information. If you need more information about UK student visa requirements, please visit here.
- Can I use any IELTS test result for a UK visa application?
From 23 April 2015, you will require results from an “IELTS for UKVI” test from one of the UKVI authorized test centres. You can take your IELTS for UKVI test atthese test centres.
- How often is an IELTS or IELTS Life Skills test available in Turkey?
For IELTS for UKVI and IELTS Life Skills, the frequency varies by location. It’s best to check with IDP IELTS Turkey Test Centres when the next available test is. You can also check thebooking calendar.
- How often can I re-take IELTS or IELTS Life Skills?
For IELTS test, there are no restrictions on retaking the test. For IELTS Life Skills, if you pass the test, you cannot retake it at the same level for a period of two years. If you do not pass it, there are no restrictions on retaking the test.
- What is the difference between IELTS and IELTS UKVI?
Separate sessions will be held for UKVI applicants. You must ensure you register for an “IELTS for UKVI” test date at IDP IELTS Turkey here.
The IELTS test for UK visa purposes is designed to meet certain administrative requirements that are specific to UK Visas and Immigration. Test Report Forms will be slightly different, to show that test takers have taken the test at an IELTS UK visa session.
All stages of the test are carried out with high security and recorded by the camera.
There are no differences in the test format or questions. The actual test taken is the same – same content, examiners, format, level of difficulty, scoring, and so on. IELTS UKVI Academic has the same validity as IELTS Academic, but IELTS Academic cannot be used as an IELTS UKVI result.
IELTS for UKVI is delivered on a computer and is now available in Turkey. Test takers who choose the new option will take their Listening, Reading, and Writing components using a computer. The Speaking test will remain face to face. Test results are released 2-7 days after the computer-delivered IELTS for UKVI.
Current IELTS prices are as follows:
Paper-Based & Computer Delivered IELTS 1.265 TL
IELTS Life Skills 1.160 TL
Paper-Based & Computer Delivered IELTS UKVI 1,450 TL
There is no registration fee or administration fee. There is also no late registration fee.
- If I take an IELTS for UKVI purposes, can I use my result in other countries/for other purposes?
Yes. IELTS test results are accepted by more than 10,000 organisations worldwide, including universities, colleges, governments and employers.
- How can I request a remark of my score?
You can choose to have one or more parts of your test re-marked – this is called “Enquiry on Results”. Your test will be reviewed by a Senior Examiner from IDP IELTS. The review may take between 2 to 21 days.
The fee for Enquiry on Results is 160 AUD. If your test results improve, you will receive a full refund of the Enquiry on Results fee and you will be issued a new Test Report Form with your new results. If there is no improvement to your original results you will not receive a refund. Please note that you must make your request within 6 weeks from the date of your test.
Please follow the steps below to apply for Enquiry on Results:
- Download and complete the EOR Request Form.
- Pay an enquiry fee of 160 AUD, which is fully refunded if your band score changes. If you want to pay in Turkish Lira, you should check the exchange rate of the Central Bank.
- Send your completed Enquiry on Results Form to your test center by email. We recommend you scan and email the completed form to us at [email protected] or [email protected]. Please note that your order will not be processed until the center receives the completed Enquiry on Results Form and your payment.
- If there is a change to your results, you will receive a refund of your fee and an updated Test Report Form.
• There is no appeal after this re-mark, the decision is final.
• During the period of remarking your test results cannot be used to apply for a university or to be sent to an immigration office.
• Should the scores change after the Enquiry on Results, you have to send the original TRF to the test center you received it from. Then, your test center will issue a new Test Report Form.
• For those whose scores remain the same can keep the original Test Report Form and there will be no refund.
- What if I'm under 18 and need to take IELTS for UKVI?
If you’re going to be less than 18 years of age on the date of your test, you will need a parent or guardian to complete the IELTS Minor Consent Form. We recommend you scan and email the completed form to us at [email protected] before the test date. If you are under the age of 18 on test day and do not have a completed IELTS Minor Consent Form with you, you will not be able to sit the test.
- How much is the IELTS for UKVI test fee?
IELTS for UKVI test fees vary from country to country. In Turkey, the Academic and General Training tests are the same cost. Current test cost are:
IELTS Life Skills 1.160 TL
IELTS UKVI Paper-based & Computer-delivered 1.450
There is no separate registration fee or payment processing fee. There is also no late payment fee.
IELTS for UKVI test dates
If you need an IELTS test for UK visa applications, you can only take them at a UKVI approved IELTS test centre. Our IDP IELTS Test Centre Turkey is UKVI approved and offers all the approved IELTS tests for UK visa applications.
Practice for IELTS UKVI
UKVI IELTS is just like the regular IELTS test with the same sorts of questions and same preparation resources. At IELTS we offer lots of free preparation material. Take a look through the official IDP IELTS practice material.