Practice the computer-delivered IELTS Reading test online. Academic or General Training.
IELTS gives you a free online IELTS mock test. Practice reading test, so, you know what to expect in the real computer-delivered IELTS Reading test.
Please note that answers are not saved on the familiarisation tests when you move between question types. However on test day, answers will be saved.
ATTENTION: Even if the words dragged from the questions fill the answer box, they are not perceived as answers. For this reason, you can only take words from questions and use them in answers with CTRL + C (Copy) and CTRL + V (Paste). IDP IELTS is not responsible for any differences in the actual exam. If you want to check your answer, first download answer sheet, then click “Review Answers”at the end of the test.
The atmosphere was very calm and warm, all examiners have been so friendly and great professionalism and helpers. The computer exam is practical and easier than paper based and you result will be ready in 5 /7 business days.
Maria, Google Review from IDP IELTS Melbourne
- What's the difference between IELTS Academic Reading and IELTS General Training Reading?
There are two tests available: IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training. The test you choose should be based on what it is you want to do. The Academic test is usually for entry into university. General training is used for migration purposes. If you’re not sure, read more about which IELTS test you should take.
IELTS Academic Reading
- 3 long passages increasing in difficulty
- Academic style texts (journal articles, textbook extracts)
- Texts related to academic topics such as science, history, sociology
IELTS General Training Reading
- 4 short passages increasing in length and difficulty
- More general /everyday style texts
- Texts related to every-day issues (advertisements, notices, job descriptions, newspapers, magazines, travel brochures, etc.)
- How much time do I have in the IELTS Reading test?
You get one hour to complete your IELTS Reading test.
Check out the Free IELTS Support Tools for more info on the test format.
- Can I increase the text size in computer-delivered IELTS?
With computer-delivered IELTS, you can adjust the settings to your preference. Hit the ‘Settings’ button at the top right-hand corner and setting options will pop up. You can choose the size and colour of the text as well as the screen resolution. This will allow you to adjust to what’s comfortable for you.
- What are the IELTS Reading test questions?
The General-Training Reading question types in IELTS are the same as in the paper-based test:
- Multiple choice
- Identifying information
- Note completion
- Matching headings
- Matching sentence endings
- Summary completion
- Sentence completion
- Flow-chart completion
The Academic Reading question types in IELTS are the same as in the paper-based test:
- Multiple Choice
- Identifying Information (True/False/Not Given)
- Identifying a Writer’s Views/Claims (Yes/No/Not Given)
- Matching Information
- Matching Headings
- Matching Features
- Matching Sentence Endings
- Sentence Completion
- Summary Completion
- Note Completion
- Table Completion
- Flow-chart Completion
- Diagram Label Completion
- Short Answer Questions