Read the detailed confirmation e-mail with your test day details and check the test time and location. Create your route the day before to make sure you arrive at the specified time. Do not forget to take your valid ID or passport with which you have registered for the test. When you come with another document, you may not be taken to the test and this may affect your motivation.
Upon arrival at the test location, the staff will take your finger scan and take your photo. You will then be taken to the written parts of the test (Listening-Reading-Writing) or Speaking test, depending on the session you registered.
Before entering the test room, you must leave all your belongings – wallets, watches, phones, money, etc. – in lockers. Take the ID or passport you registered with you only. After the registration process, the informative text about the test is read and you are taken back to the test room with finger scan again.
You can find stationery (pencil-eraser), water, earplugs, ear pads and shawls prepared for you in the test room. All applicants are asked to fill in the envelope on the tables.
Computer-delivered IELTS sections start and end at the same time for everyone. For example, while you are doing the Listening section, all other candidates complete the same section. So you don’t have to try to hear it among other noises.
- Note that you will not be able to leave the test room during the Listening test, during the last 10 minutes of the other sections, while the invigilator reads the scripts and while the logon sheets are distributed or collected.
- A logon sheet with your details is provided at the beginning of each section and is collected at the end of the test. You can use these papers to take notes. Please note that no extra paper will be provided.
- If you have any health problems (such as diabetes, asthma, anxiety), you should share this situation with the test center in advance. Otherwise, it is strictly forbidden to take medicines and food in the test room.
- When you need help, just raise your hand, the invigilators who will be in the test room during the test are always ready to help.
- Your Speaking test starts at the appointment time given to you after your written test or before your written test. It is enough to be at the test location 20 minutes before.
- Your results will be announced within 2 – 5 days and sent to the address you specified on the envelope. If you wish, you can also get your result from your test center.
Remember that the IDP IELTS team is always ready to help with all processes before and after the test.